60+ Content Marketing Resources – Categorized
In order to attract customers in today’s world you need to give them more than what they would expect. This is common sense nowadays as gone are the days when you can just say whatever you want and the customers will believe you. Today, customers are more savvy and more demanding which means that they demand more than just the most basic – they demand more depth and more engagement.
That’s where content marketing comes in. That’s because content marketing is a way of interacting with the customer without any selling. It’s a marketing technique wherein you offer relevant and valuable content to a pre-defined audience in order to attract them to you and convert them into potential customers. The point is to give potential customers more than they expect in order to lure them in.
That said, doing content marketing can be quite confusing to a beginner. Not surprising since a lot of people who have been doing it for a while also make mistakes. In order to jump start your foray into content marketing here are some resources that can help you plan, create and maximize your content marketing strategy.
Understanding Content Marketing – The most basic of basics is understanding what content marketing is all about. These resources can help you understand what content marketing is all about and what it entails so you know what you need to do in order to start things rolling.
- What Is Content Marketing? – This will give you a general idea of what content marketing is all about. Includes useful links to help you get started.
- Content Marketing As A Useful, Meaningful Experience – Another piece which explains what content marketing is. It delves into what is involved and what you can do to start.
- A Visual Aid For Understanding Content Marketing – A little old but the image gives you a pretty good idea of what content marketing is all about.
Getting Started – Now that you have an idea of what content marketing is all about you’re next step is about getting started. With that in mind here are some resources to help you on your way.
- Getting Started – A rehash of what content marketing is. Also has links to help you get started with content marketing.
- How Do I Get Started With Content Marketing – 7 content marketing experts share their experience and advice to help you get started.
- Breaking Down Content Marketing – A series of topics about cotent marketing on how to start and dig deeper.
- 8 Steps To Start Content Marketing – Here’s what you need to do in order to start content marketing. There are 8-steps – go figure.
- The Three Things You Need To Get Started With Content – What you need for great content.
- 4 Things To Think About Before Launching A Content Marketing Campaign – Makes you ask the important questions that will guide you in your content marketing.
Your Content Marketing Strategy – Now that you have an idea on how to get started you need to plan your strategy. With that in mind, these resources can give you an idea of how you can create a strategy to maximize content marketing for your brand or business.
- Build A Successful Content Marketing Strategy From Scratch In 7 Steps – As the title suggests these are 7 steps to creating your very own content marketing strategy.
- How To Spot The Best And Worst Content Marketing Strategies – What makes for a good content marketing strategy. This will tell you how.
- A Complete Guide To Building A Content Marketing Strategy From The Ground Up – Another 10-steps to help you formulate your very own content marketing strategy.
- 10-Step Content Marketing Strategy For Startups and Brands – We’re not running out of steps. Here’s another 10 for your content marketing strategy.
Mixed Guides – You can’t have enough guides especially if you’re just starting out in content marketing. Here’s more and then some.
- Director Maximizer’s Free E-Guide On Content Marketing – It’s a free content marketing guide just for you.
- 5 Steps To Creating Compelling Content Through Infographics – A guide on how to make use of inforgraphics for your content.
With Infographics – It’s always better to have an image since it makes it easier to understand things visually.
- A Beginner’s Guide To Content Marketing – Beginner’s guide to content marketing complete with images for better visualization.
- Content Marketing: How To Measure Effectiveness – You need to know how effective your content marketing campaign is. This will show you how with visuals.
- Inforgraphic: The Value Of Content Marketing – Measuring the effectiveness of content with visuals.
- How To Measure Content Marketing Success – Same as above but with more explanation.
- The DO’s And DONT’s Of Content Marketing – This doesn’t need any further explanation. The things you should and shouldn’t do when it comes to content marketing.
- A Guide To Content Marketing Genius – A statistical breakdown on why you should use content marketing.
- State Of Content Marketing 2013 – Infographic on how content marketing is faring in 2013.
- Grow Your Business Using Content Marketing – The wisdom tree of content marketing for your business.
- How To Target Content Marketing For Your Customers – Engaging your customers using content marketing.
- What You Should Know About Content Marketing – Basic information in a graphic.
- The State Of B2B Content Marketing – For those with businesses targeting other businesses.
With Videos – If infographics is not enough how about videos? Get a better feel and understanding about content marketing with these video resources.
- A 12-Month Content Marketing Plan – Creating a year-long content marketing strategy with just a pen and paper.
- Lee Odden: When It Comes To Content Marketing Better Is Better – Lee Odden, CEO of TopRank Online Marketing talks about the need for better quality standards in content marketing.
- Coca-Cola Content 2020 Part 1 – Describes the challenge of content creation in an enlightening way.
- Friday Talk: The Concept Of Content Marketing – Executive Director of the Content Marketing Institute Joe Pulizzi explains the idea behind the rapidly growing concept of content marketing. It’s a little long so bear with it.
- Content Marketing Strategies – 10 Tips For You – Yes another 10 tips but this time in video form.
- SEO’s Dilemma – Link Building Vs. Content Marketing – Deciding on which path to take.
- Blogging As A Content Marketing Strategy – Why not blog as part of your content marketing strategy.
- Content Marketing Strategies Used By The Big Brands – The best way to learn is to see how the big boys do it.
With Books – But of course, nothing beats being able to touch and actually have the information in your hands. For those people who can’t bear looking at a computer screen here are some books you may be interested in getting.
- Think Like A Publisher – How To Use Content To Market Online And In Social Media
- “A must read, not only for those who are interested in content marketing and creating good content, but for everybody who works in marketing & communication” – Cecile Bol
- “Nowadays, to be a marketer is to be a publisher. If you want some general strategic insight on how to go about your company’s content marketing, then I suggest you pick up this book” – Ashley Jaden
- Search & Social: The Definitive Guide To Real Time Content Marketing
- “A great resource for looking at the importance of content in your search and social marketing initiatives” – Alli B.
- Content Marketing For Dummies
- “An excellent overview of the subject of content marketing . . . lavish with resources” – Candace
- Content Chemistry: An Illustrated Handbook For Content Marketing
- “Great beginner’s guide to understanding content marketing and how marketing has evolved over time” – Jeff Judge
On Slideshare – Presentations made by content marketing experts and practitioners to share.
- Visual Content Marketing – Capture And Engage Your Audience – Content is evolving. No longer are white papers and webinars the secret to inbound marketing success, visual is becoming the norm.
- The Content Marketing Manifesto – Rand Fishkin’s presentation from SEER Interactive’s SearchChurch meetup on May 10th, 2012
- Content Marketing Strategy – Rand Fishkin’s Mozcon presentation for the head:head session 2012
- Content: The New Marketing Equation – Content marketing requires a shift in company culture, resources, budgets, partners and strategy. Rebalancing is critical to achieve these goals.
- From Content To Customer – Explores the nexus between content marketing and demand generation. Overlays content on top of the buyer’s journey and looks at best practices in creation, distribution and measurement at each major stage in the funnel.
From The Experts – Hear it from the mouths of the experts. They have the years of experience that you can get valuable tidbits from.
- 9 SEO Experts Discuss Social, Content Marketing And The Future Of SEO – An interview with 9 experts. Free Ebook.
- Content Marketing: 5 Experts, 5 Views – Panel discussion on content marketing within specific industries.
- 20 Experts Select Key Content Marketing Metrics – Actionable marketing expert Heidi Cohen asks 20 experts on top 4 content marketing metrics.
- The Issues In Content Marketing Today: We Ask The Experts – 9 well known content marketers answer the questions about content marketing.
You Need The Tools – Because content marketing plan would not be complete without the tools to make it all happen.
To Have Success – Of course you may not think that success is possible but it is. Learn from these stories on how they were able to do good using content marketing.
So there you have it, a resource list that can help you begin your content marketing journey to success for your brand or your company. Hopefully, the resources here will give you a better understanding of content marketing, what it is, and how you can make it work for you.
This is by no means a final list and it will keep on evolving as changes in the industry occur. This is also by no means a truly comprehensive one because if it were this list would be hundreds of links long.
This resource list is what the author feels will give you a quick yet thorough understanding of what content marketing is all about. While it may be subjective it is resources that can be beneficial to your budding content marketing campaign.
If you feel that a resource should be added to the list or if any of these resources helped give you a better understanding of content marketing let us know in the comment section below. We may update this list based on what you, our readers have to say.
60+ Content Marketing Resources - Categorized by Mark